Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Shine Girl!

Happy Saturday eP'ers!   Today I'm sharing a new 2 page spread I recently made in my art journal but I have to give credit to our own fabulous Donna Marie because it was totally inspired by a fabulous video she posted last week, Flower Power Color Blast.  The video shows you have to create a wonderful background using gesso and ink sprays - it's really awesome!  After I watched it I sat right down and made this.


I just received this Prima girl stamp and was so excited to give her a try.  They really are such great stamps -perfect if you've been wanted to try some of your own "She Art" but don't think you can draw (you can! but you can also definitely start by using a stamp!).  The girl was stamped on book paper and then paper pieced and painted


I pretty much followed Donna Marie's video, you can even see how the gesso doesn't go all the way to the edge of the paper so there's a different in the color intensity there - love!  I used some Embossing Paste,  stencils, rubons, paint and even some old Unity stamps I had laying around.


I really loved the result, the colors make me happy and it was so fun to make!  Check out the Donna Marie's video and try it yourself!  Happy Saturday my friends!





8 comments:

Kim said...

You go girl! Love your pages and adore that stamp...Great work!

Broni said...

Awesome, Julie! I've got to try this!!

Donna-Marie said...

Awwwwww...thanks for the shout out girlfriend ...you made me blush!!
These pages came out great! I love all the vibrant colors they really seem to enhance that beautiful lady :-) You also did a great job with all the stamping...LOVE it!!!
Hope to see you again soon!!
Great big hugs

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

so pretty!
http://nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in/

toni said...

Lovely journal pages! very feminine with such pretty colours. Great choice of stamps, the video was amazing and you've done Donna Marie proud with your interpretation X

Bonnie Irvine said...

Julie, this spread is delightful. I love the citrus colours and the texture from the embossing. The stamping looks awesome and the swing dress woman is gorgeous. Great journaling!

Annette Green said...

Julie, these are such happy, colorful pages. Love the feel of it all. That girl stamp is perfect here.

Tracy said...

Gorrgeous pages Julie I need to give this a go!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxo