Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 12, 2013

Using Templates on a Traditional 12x12 Layout

Hi guys, it is Mary-Ann here to share another layout using some "mixed media" on a traditional scrapbooking layout.  WARNING:  horrible photo ahead!!!  The base of my layout started with a pale blue cardstock with October Afternoon Travel Girl collection papers and stickers at the top and bottom of my page for balance.  I then grabbed my Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 Polka Dotty Stencil and added white paint.  I sprayed the colors that would enhance my layout.  In this HORRIBLE photo, you can see the colors to the left, I later added some to the right as well.  


After layering multiple papers and photos, I added some machine stitching, and additional stickers backed with foam tape for dimension.



Brads, flair and thread helped enhance the page.


See the white circles?


This layout was really fun to create.  I tried to include as many photos as I could from our trip on a one page layout that includes a variety of embellishments throughout.  I hope that you have been inspired and I appreciate the opportunity to share with you my little take on "mixed media" on a traditional layout.


Here is a listing of Products used in this layout.




3 comments:

toni said...

Fabulous family fun layout! The more you look the more you see! Great pics and love the way you've put them in vertical strips x

Micki said...

lol, you truly inspire me to start scrapbooking more. I love how you add all those bits and pieces and love how you were able to add sooooo many photos. Love it.

Tracy said...

Mar Ann you are the queen of layouts..had a wee giggle at your warning,lol...beautiful, beautiful layers and...pictures!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox