Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Art Dolls ~ November Get Altered Challenge


Hi everyone. It's Bonnie here today hosting the November Get Altered Challenge. The eP Get Altered challenge begins the first Thursday of the month and is an opportunity to explore your creative journey, step outside your comfort zone and experiment with new products and techniques. It's all about having fun while creating altered and mixed media art with a chance of winning a $15 gift certificate to the eclectic Paperie . The theme I have chosen for this challenge is Art Dolls, whether they are flat or 3D. I love 'em all!


 The inspiration for my art doll came from the fun and funky Blossom Parts face from Studio 490. I have had Blossom for a while but wasn't sure where I wanted to use her so she remained in the hoard vault :) I knew she would tell me eventually who she wanted to be. I added a black Clicker Cutts flower embellished with tiny silver sequins to the back of Blossom's head and some black chipboard glasses. Another star was adhered to the center of her forehead JFF. Her blue eye was brightened with a Copic marker and a black gem was layered over the pupil .


The torso is made from two wooden hearts covered in Graphic 45 A Ladies' Diary paper and edged in Vintage Photo Distress ink and Walnut Brown Big Brush pen.


The sides of the hearts were covered with measuring tape washi tape which I glued on so it would stay put.


The hearts and the head were adhered with E-6000 glue to a popsicle stick inked black with a Big Brush pen. The heart points started out touching but apparently Blossom thought she should be taller so the points slipped apart unnoticed by me. I had already covered the waist with a clock/propeller embellie from my stash. Two gears were also adhered to her upper torso to emphasize her girlish figure.



Blossom's arms and legs were attached to her torso with eyelet screws. Her arms are clock hands with gold resin hands adhered to the ends using Glossy Accents.


Her legs are three beads layered on eye pins and attached to the eyelet screws with jump rings. I created a hanger for her by wrapping an Idea-ology swivel clasp around her neck like a necklace and attaching it to itself in the back. The looped part allows Blossom to hang on the wall for all to see. She likes that :)



I hope you have been inspired to join our Get Altered Art Doll challenge. Check out the DT entries in the thumbnails below. Believe me, art dolls whether they are flat, 3D or a combination of the two can become quite addictive. We can't wait to meet yours. Blossom is even doing a jig...she's that excited :)

Bonnie

Here are links to some of the eP products I used:

14 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh, Bonnie! She is so FABULOUS! LOVE her body made from hearts and the washi tape on the sides! Just so many great details! THX for hosting this doll challenge!

toni said...

Ohhh yesssss! What a sweet heart! Fantastic work, very creative, great challenge and a brilliant example, love her x

Unknown said...

Well, that is amazing!! Wow!! I love her! I can't wait to get started on this challenge . . . thank you for the idea!!

Kim said...

This is amazing, Bonnie! I just love how adorable she is...so creative!

Giovana said...

WOW!! This is amazing indeed!

Micki said...

Bonnie, this is pretty incredible. Love this doll. I'm frantically finishing up my new craft room so I can find my stuff and start playing. I'm definitely playing along this weekend.

Ivy (Ivette) said...

Wow! I LOVE her! How cool is that! Great job Bonnie!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

I *love* her! My head just started spinning with ideas! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracy said...

Oh my giddy aunt how amazing she turned out . . .WOWOWOWOW Bonnie, love her!!
Will be playing along with the challenge, heading out to shed today!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox

Andiepants said...

She turned out fantastic!!! I love the hue you gave to her face...very nice.

Broni said...

She's so whimsical and awesome, Bonnie!

ParkNSlide said...

Another "WOW!!!" creation...love those arms and hands.

ionabunny said...

Such fun. Thanks for a great challenge

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

She is beautiful! fantastic