Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 18, 2013

Joy to the World with Gelli Papers!

Hello Blog Friends! It's Sue Lelli here and I want to show you how I came up with the design for my Christmas cards this year! (I have highlighted the products you can buy at the eclectic Paperie shop).  My goal this year is to make a flat card for mailing (unlike last year at $1.00 postage per card!)
 
Here is my final design:
I die cut my tree using papers I made with my Gelli plate so each card will be a little bit different.

I rolled two shades of pink, some white and some green Golden paints to make the BG. Then I used my Prima Damask Stencil to add the magenta paint details. Magenta has to be my FAV color!

I used my Confetti Stencil and white embossing paste to make "snow." I also used a star stencil and a circle stencil with silver embossing paste for the ornaments and tree topper.  LOVE the texture!
 
 Now for a look at my process (Warning ~ LOTS of photos!)
First I rolled paint on my Gelli Plate and created the BG.
Then I used different stencils with sponges:



TCW Numbers


Prima Damask stencil

Here are some of my Gelli papers.

Here are some  of the die cut trees. I played around doodling the "garland".

My first card using gold embossing paste and black Christy Tomlinson rub ons. LOVE this embossing paste but didn't like the gold and black with the pink. I also sponged white paint through the confetti stencil in the BG but want a bolder look. NEXT:

I used white embossing paste this time and LOVE the texture! I also used silver embossing paste and white rub ons. Closer. NEXT:

This time I doodled the garland and glued the tree trunk down first so the embossing paste would go over the trunk like snow. I also used a different sentiment. Really close! NEXT:

Here is my final card and MY personal FAV! I like this doodling better. LOVE the silver and LOVE the embossing paste.  I hope YOU like it, too!
Now only 96 more cards to go!

13 comments:

Gio said...

96???!! OMG!!

These are really lovely! Gorgeous contrast between the reddish and the craft paper.
Thanks for sharing the process!

Bonnie Irvine said...

Sue, these cards are beautiful. What a creative way to use the striking gelli papers you created. Love the embossing paste and the doodled garland. The pinks next to the kraft are amazing.

Kim said...

That is one beautiful piece of gelli paper! Love those colors and the designs...wonderful!!

Micki said...

Love this idea and love the non-traditional tree colors. Looks awesome on that kraft card stock. I so need to start on my cards.....

Broni said...

These are awesome, Sue! Each one a different masterpiece!

toni said...

Fabulous Sue! What a great idea to use die cut gelli's. Love the colours . Good luck on reaching your goal ! X

Chandra Merod said...

Beautiful !

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Sue, love the idea of making them from the Gelli papers. Sue C x

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Great fun, and a delightful tutorial!

Tracy said...

Like it...looooove it Sue and all the textures with the embossing paste...not to mention your stunning geli paper!!!!
Big hugs
Tracy
Xxxx

Erin Smetak said...

Are you serious? You have to make 96 more????!!! You poor soul! Well, what you are creating is simply beautiful! I LOVE how you created your paper! And the way that you created the snowflakes is just genious!

Andiepants said...

WHAT?! 96!!! Well...Hopefully everyone will cherish what a gorgeous piece of art you have created for them.

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

This is fantastic. Love the colors!