Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 25, 2014

You & Me


Mary-Ann barely here with you today to share a layout that took me four tries!  Yup, four.  Ever have one of those days when you have something in your mind but it just will not translate to paper the way you envision it?  Sometimes the results are even better anyway (now imagine me sticking my tongue out at my layout like a 3 yr old).  I created this layout by cutting the best watercolor heart out of one of my previous 3 pages.   My pink paper that you see to the side has remnants of one of the attempts.  See the gesso on the bottom?  You can also see some on my heart.   I totally smeared that page with my sleeve.  Although the whole layout was not salvaged, I managed to save some of it.  


I like dimension on my pages, you can see it all from this angle.  I actually sewed the smaller hearts right to the 12x12 page, then curled my sides up.  The strips of paper that you see are all from one sheet of the 6x6 Fancy Pants Be. Loved. paper pad.  (Which by the way are hard to keep in stock.)  They created just enough embellishment to match my flair buttons and punched hearts. 


Anyone notice the twine shaped as a heart?  I love these photos of my boys.  You can feel the love.  Towards each other, not me, obviously, I am the one capturing it all with a camera.  BTW, those gray dots that look like enamel dots, I created those using Tim's Distress Paint - Brushed Pewter.  Need to get another bottle of that, I am using it like I love it:o)



Here is proof of one of the mishap pages.  Why did I use brown?? Good question.  But I did like the effect of the smear, however, when I added all my other embellies, I needed to trash the brown, for obvious reasons.  That and my non-artistic husbands asked what I ripped up from that spot.  Not cool.  

The fine products I used on this and the other three layouts are listed below.  Head on over to the shop to get your hands on what you need to create your next Valentine.




8 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

Mary Ann, LOVE this LO! I noticed the twine heart right away! LOVE the stitched hearts and the FAB photos! However many tries you took, it was well woth the effort!

Diane said...

Darling page layout with the fun layers and colors.

Hugs diane

toni said...

Fabulous layout , your men look wonderful! Well done for persevering the results are well worth it ! X

Colleen said...

Mary Ann,
This is beautiful, love the colors and composition. Don't you just get upset when you drag your sleeve through the bottom. Been there done that :)

Carol Held said...

Love this layout for many reasons...one, it is just so darling, as a family memory, and two, I see my birthdate stamped at the bottom...lol...lol...a heartfelt thanks for the inspiration!

Micki said...

Love this page and it sounds like one of my art adventures :-). Stitching the hearts is a great idea and love those enamel looking dots (gotta try that). Great page and actually the "mishap" is perfect for this page/pictures of the guys.

Andiepants said...

Oh Mary Ann...I'm reading this and LMAO! That comment about your hubby's question...totally cracked me up. Despite all the fight this turned out lovely darling.

Tracy said...

Gorrrgeous layout Mary Ann!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xoxox