Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

An Altered Canvas Bag with Broni

Hello, everyone, and happy Tuesday!

It's Broni here and I'm using my turn as hostess here on the eP blog to show you my entry in Toni's Altered Bag ePicks challenge.

Here's what my altered bag looks like:


Now I'll walk you through the steps I followed to get there, with a few photos along the way.

1- used a piece of heavy cardboard inside the bag to protect the other side and to give me a firmer surface to work on

2- painted on watered down Gesso
3- airbrushed the whole front lightly with Copic BG53
4- airbrushed using Copic BG57 and the TCW Well Rounded stencil
5- applied Studio 490 Metallic Gold embossing paste with the same stencil



This embossing paste is so beautiful.  The stencils turned out looking like jewels! 

6- attached flowers and beads using Ranger Glossy Accents


7- reapplied some Gesso in order to have a better base to add my sentiment
8- applied Brilliance Galaxy Gold ink using a large sponge dauber and the Rays stencil
9- applied Distress Black Soot ink with the Tiny Circles stencil
10- stamped sentiment (from Technique Junkies) in Archival Jet Black ink; used a fine tip Sharpie to smooth out some of the lines


11- laid a scrap die cut over the sentiment and airbrushed again using the Copic BG53


12 - traced around the die cut using the Sharpie; drew another line around to form a frame
13- misted with some gold spray ink
14- added some washi tape here and there (may need to adhere it better with some of my Glossy Accents)




Oops!  I almost forgot to show you the back....airbrushed with my Copic BG57 and my Studio 490 Barcodes stencil.


 So there you have it!  I think this would make a great bag to carry craft supplies in.  Or maybe some wine.  Or maybe both!!

I hope you'll play along in the challenge with us!  You could win a prize and most likely have loads of fun along the way!

Thanks so much for stopping in today!  Until next time....Happy crafting!




12 comments:

toni said...

Gorgeous ! Love your altered bag ! The gold embossing adds a really lovely touch . tres chic! X

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful!!I love the lightness of color and the sentiment of the stamp and the way you framed the stamped image! Feel free to put some wine in that bag and send it my way ...

wendy vecchi said...

I love it!
the barcode made me lol...
never enough flowers!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Broni! Hope to see it in person soon :)

Rea' said...

Broni that is so cool, the colors are so fun , love the sentiment too . I may have to do one... you know I love these challenges !!!

Davi said...

Awesome job Broni, I love the it :)

Starla said...

Ultimate compliment from the Toad: "how does she do this? It looks like she just said "oh, I think I'll put this paint here, a dab of that there, and some stuff over there" and it comes out looking good!! (so yeah, HOW do you do it?!!)

Giovana said...

This is amazing!! Fabulous!

Sue Lelli said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Broni and that sentiment is Fantastic! LOVE how you drew the frame around it and all of your FAB airbrushing and stenciling!

McStamper said...

Love, love it. I have a bare bag waiting and I am definitely going to try it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Micki said...

wow, love the way you altered this bag. I have to agree with Starla's Toad..... lol..... gorgeous bag.

Carole said...

This is gorgeous Broni, love the outcome!