Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Multiplicity


Let’s face it, we’ve all had days where we wish we could multiply ourselves, right?  I had several of “those” days!  Being pulled in so many directions, sometimes I wish I had a (rubber) room where I could put a canvas and just sling paint.  I mean really sling paint!  Instead, I decided to relieve some stress by “spritzing” inks.


I started out with Dylusions Ink Sprays, randomly spraying the pages, misting with water and using a paper towel roll to mop up excess inks.  Then I got an idea, and decided to play chemist.  I had some old spray bottles which were (I believe) originally fabric paint spray bottles.  I got them at the local thrift store, brought them home, cleaned them and put them away until now.  Well,  I just played by mixing gesso with a little Dylusions ink.  I also added several slivers of Faber-Castell Gelatos, staying with the same color.  I didn’t capture my chemistry experiment on pictures because I wasn’t prepared for it to turn out kind of cool, lo!  The cool thing wasn’t so much the mixed inks, it was those thrift store find spray bottles.  The spray comes out in a circle.  At first I was a little dismayed but then the longer I looked at it the more I liked it.
Ok, NOW I grabbed the camera….. since my mind was still wishfully thinking of multiplying myself, I pulled out Flossie, Casey and Sally stencils and stared “spritzing”. 


That’s how it turned out and honestly, I could have left it like that.  I really liked all the girls.  Kind of reminds me of those psychedelic James Bond movie trailer.

I probably should have left it as it, but I needed to do some journaling, which I did in a black water proof  ink pen, which I also used to doodle around each figure.  I just got TCW – Mini Stripes Explosion stencil in my last package from Kim and wanted to use it.  So I used part of it to give her skirt some pizzazz.

Next I spritzed my Dylusions Ink Sprays onto my craft sheet, spritzed some water over them and using a brush, filled in the girls.  I had used a Sharpie paint marker on a couple of girls but didn’t like how flat the color looked.  I just brushed the ink right over the Sharpie paint.

Texture was added by randomly stamping Unity Stamp Co. Plump Polka DotsShe Art Print Texture stamps and Stampington & Co. Create with Abandon cling stamp.  I also added some Idea-ology Remnant Rubs rub-ons and used up my white gesso left on the craft sheet by dabbing a spray bottle cap into it and randomly stamping circles around the page.
Idea-ology Alpha Parts Signmaker was used to add the title and I called it quits.  I could have added a border, added faces, which I tried and ended up having to cover it up with gesso. 



I have to say that I enjoyed not worrying about “coloring” inside the lines (as you can see).  I loved using the inks like watercolors and love that I was able to “just let go” and not worry so much about how it’s going to look.  Seriously, just sling that paint and ink and feel the stress leave!
I hope you enjoyed my “stress relief” art therapy and more importantly, I hope you were inspired to get inky!








Supplies Used:

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Micki.....we have to get together,lol!
Love your style and looking at your art makes me happy...great stress reliever ...love your post today sweet lady! Making a shopping list with outsized rubber bands and plastic sheet top of the list :-):-):-)
Big hugs
Tracy xxx

Dara Lynn said...

This post makes me wanna go play!

Sue Lelli said...

I loved them all white but after you added the journaling and colors, I was just Blown Away! FAB pages, Micki!