Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Nature Walk Pocket Card

Hi, I'm Linda Breedlove,
your guest designer for June here at eclectic Paperie. I'm so very happy and excited to share some projects with you this month. For my first one a chose to make a pocket card... mostly because I just can't seem to break away from creating them. 


I'm using 7 Dots Studio's 
Nature Walk collection papers. I've been wanting to try these for some time and am thrilled to tell you that they are gorgeous papers and a very high quality.


I started by cutting 
the Songbird paper to 5 1/2" and leaving the width at the full 12". I scored at 2" and 7 1/2". I used 1/8" Scor Tape, folded over the 2" flap first, then the 4 1/2" one forming the pocket (no tape on that left edge... just the top and bottom.)


Two distressed mats are
added next. Using a Tim Holtz Burlap Laying Stencil, I put on a bit of black gesso and when dry, I sponged on a little Walnut Stain Distress Ink using Crafters Workshop's Tile Texture stencil.


The next layer is a square 
of stretched out cheese cloth... then a stack of papers tied with Tim's Jute String. I used the Alteration's Torn Notebook On The Edge die here. I cut one of the ATC size papers from Tim's Wallflower paper pad and backed it with the Gray Day paper from the N W collection. It goes atop the paper stack using 3-D foam tape.


Now I started making my
flowers. I cut 10 of the smallest one of the Alteration's Tattered Florals and 4 of the Movers & Shapers Mini Tattered Florals. I inked the edges with the Walnut Stain DI and shaped the petals using a thick foam pad and the end of a paint brush. 


I cut foliage from the
Alteration's Spring Greenery using a pretty green pattered paper from the Wallflower pad, did some inking and a bit of shaping with my long pointed tweezers. I assembled the flowers and foliage, then made a tag for the pocket.


I cut this from my same
Songbird N W sheet, inked the edges and blotted the tag in some Bundled Sage DI on my craft mat that I had misted with water. Dried it with my Heat Tool and did some stamping using the TH Nature Walk stamp set and Jet Black Archival Ink. I cut off a section of Tim's Crinkled ribbon and colored it with Walnut Stain and Bundled Sage DI. I added a wide silver eyelet to the tag and tied on a double bow with the ribbon.


After assembling my
flower arrangement, I decided a feather would be a nice added touch. I also put on a couple Chit Chat stickers popped-up with the 3-D foam...


and a string of birds (Tim's Birds in Flight.)


I'm very pleased with
this card and am definitely lovin' these Tim Holtz products and the 7 Dots Studio papers. A perfect combination!
Thank you to Kim and Bonnie
for inviting me to share some projects with you this month. I so appreciate the opportunity.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

These papers ARE wonderful Linda! and I love how you've dressed them up and layered them - your flowers are beautiful! What a lovely pocket card - congrats on being this month's guest designer and thanks for this wonderful inspiration!

toni said...

Love this project! Great blend of stamps, paper,die cuts and a fabulous idea ! Xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Linda! Your flowers are gorgeous and love the design. Sue C x

Unknown said...

Love your pocket card Linda and you have totally inspired me to make one. I'm in love with the 7 Dots Nature Walk paper too and you really did an outstanding job on your first guest spot. xx

Rea' said...

And pleased you should be ... it is so awesome... great background and layers and EVERYTHING !! :)

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Such a gorgeous project, Linda!! black and green looks so beautiful on your pocket book!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous is right! And I didn't know EP was carrying 7 Dots... yay!