Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 15, 2014

Find your Balance

Hello, it's Sue C here and today I'm sharing a journal page on which I've used the gorgeous Donna Downey stamp from the Colliope set. 


 I started by painting my journal page with Nougat Fresco Finish paint as this is a good base colour for faces. I then stamped the main image with black Archival ink on to the page.




I made a mask using the stamp and held it over the original image and started to build up colour on the rest of the page. I wanted a vintage feel to the page so worked with shades of brown Fresco Finish paint and a piece of cut 'n' dry foam. I added the darker colour close to the edge of the image to create depth.



I then started to stencil, still keeping the mask in place. I used the TCW Mini Specimens stencil with Plum Fresco Finish paint. Then used the TCW Mini Kaleidoscope and Mini Quatrefoil Reversed stencils. The numbers are created using the Wendy Vecchi Classic Words stencil with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint.  I've also done some stamping using the Tim Holtz Fabulous Flourishes stamp and Plum Fresco Finish paint and the scripty type stamp from the Tim Holtz Merchantile set.


At this point my camera died ! So apologies for the last couple of photos which I've had to take on my phone.

I used a black Fude Ball pen and drew around some of the Kaleidoscope stencilled shapes and then used a white Sharpie pen and added some dots to the centre.


I've painted the main image with Fresco Finish paints and the text is stamped onto card also painted with the same colours.

I hope you've enjoyed today's project.

Sue
x


5 comments:

toni said...

Fabulous journal page Sue, really love how you have painted the stamped image as well as that gorgeous stencilled background x

Micki said...

Love how you incorporated the doodles and how you painted the image. Wonderful layout!!!!!

Annie said...

This is wonderful Sue..love the colours and the amazing stamped image. TFS and best wishes
Annie x

mamablitger said...

Sue what a fabulous result you achieved with this stamp in your journal !! Love the way you incorporated texture and the way you build up the colors !! Impressing result !
Thank you for sharing !! Very inspirational !!
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Andiepants said...

The colors are so soft and amazing! She looks wonderful...so elegant. You have a wonderful talent for shading and coloring.